Saturday 19 December 2015

7th of December 2015 - focusing on our new project



There was so much going on today, that the English lesson was shorter, than I had expected. 
I actually wanted to  review the test and start with this song I wrote about before the Autumn holidays to give them an idea of an interview with an animal... Then I wanted the class to focus on their animal with a ABC list and then research facts about it animal in the computer room but I ran out of time...

I just had a real quick look at the question test with them announced that there will be more like this to come and that I would practise these question forms with them a lot more.

So I just explained real quick, that they were making a presentation about their animal either as

  • normal presentation
  • out of the eyes of the animal itself
  • telling their little sister about it or
  • talking about an interview with an animal


To give them an idea of the last option we just had a look at the first verse of the song "Old Man Emu".

On the blackboard I had written, what I wanted them to include in their presentation:
  • Why I chose this animal
  • Size, weight, speed, food
  • life expectancy
  • reproduction
  • where it lives
  • endangered animal?
  • migration?
Then I handed out a new ABC List they could do a brain storming about their animal with, but then the lesson was finished already. So I gave them homework for Thursday when I had them for a double lesson of German. I asked them to do the research at home and find as many information about their animal in order to write their presentation in German.

No comments:

Post a Comment