Saturday 19 December 2015

10th of December 2015 - Aims of the presentation



The double lesson of German I actually had in mind for the class to work on their German texts turned out to be just one because the school had a Christmas concert rehearsal after the break.

I handed out "the aims of thispresentation" and a checklist about how to do this and I went through it with the class, so they understood how this was meant. It was funny because as we read through the aims I saw some eyes that could not believe that they were ever going to make this... And then we read through the checklist and I told them, that this was going to be a mixture of their reading project, in which all of them did great and the shopping for a school camp text, which most of them knew by heart after listening passively to the text for a while and they felt a lot more comfortable with this whole project.

Well there was just a little time left for them to work on their texts and I asked them to do another ABC-list before they started. I walked through the class and so many of them showed me how much more they were able to put on their lists now, they had done some research about the animal.

Since tomorrow we were going to be on an excursion to the "Technorama" the next and last English lesson was going to be Monday. Well I actually wanted them to work on the translation of their texts on Monday but we didn't get as far as I hoped we would. So I changed plans and I'll postpone this presentation theme till after the holidays. I just asked them to get all the required information on a piece of paper by Thursday. I won't work on that on Thursday but at least I know they'll be as far after the holiday. Monday I'll work on question forms again and maybe a grammar theme of Unit 2. 

No comments:

Post a Comment